Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saying goodbye to a great housemate


Yesterday marked the end of a great era of shared accommodation; Lisa, one of the best housemates I've ever lived with moved out of our lovely ground floor, 3-bedroom apartment located in the lush, green suburb of East Melbourne. So for the next 2 weeks, its just me and Pat left living here before the new housemate moves in.

I've lived with Lisa for almost a year now, it was around November last year I was making the rounds looking for sharehouses offering a room. This was the last home on my list that I was going to check out. From the moment I walked in the door, Lisa and me just hit it off from the get go and got along like "peas and carrots" (to quote a scene from Forrest Gump).

You see, in my 4.5 odd years of living abroad in Melbourne shared accommodation, I have enough horror stories of bad housemates to hold a candle to the book - "He died with a felafel in his hand".

A list of my bad housemate experiences:
accidentally blew the kitchen up from a pot of burning oil forgotten on the stove;
refuse to clean the house;
refuse to wash any dishes;
move the only TV into their room;
refuse to buy any living room furniture, so we only had one couch in an empty living room;
moving out of the country while we still had 3 months on our lease;
trying to rip me off for money;
crack the shits at me for hugging a cushion;
crack the shits at me for snacking on the couch;
pretend that I'm not there and ignore me;
leave the gas stove on while passed out drunk;
throw up on carpets;
throw up on balcony;
throw up in bathroom;
throw up in garbage bag;
bring weird men home;
finding weird man in our shower taking a bath;


So compared to my previous nightmares, I think that Lisa is simply one of the nicest individuals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. We have never ever had a single argument in our household and I've been so lucky to live in a warm and family-like environment.


Lisa is moving in with her partner, David; whom we all reckoned is such a fantastic guy that we couldn't help but love him to bits too.


On one hand, I'm really happy for her that she's moving on to the next big step in her life, while the other part of me is left with a pretty empty feeling that comes along with losing someone dear to your heart.

***Deepest sigh***
I think I'm starting to become kinda depressed of late, with my heart getting broken recently and losing a great flatmate shortly after. No wonder I just can't seem to hold my thoughts together the past 2 weeks.

Enough blogging for now, I'm going to turn in for an early Sunday night and sleep this empty feeling away...

Andy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always thought that excessive amounts of tubs containing protein mix were an annoying habit! At least bathroom vomiting was confined to the toilet bowl :) We miss you though!

Andy said...

anonymous poster above can only be: drumroll please.....
Jodie and Dave !!!!

Who else would know of my secret habits of keeping large tubs of protein around the house.....

Seriously though, I wasn't referring to you guys when I talked about the bathroom vomiting (you cleaned up after yourselves)=)
Rather I was referring to ex-demon-spawn housemate Anna Kassianos

Anonymous said...

What about the burning stuff? That was Jodie, surely?

Andy said...

Well, now that you mention it, only once did I catch Jodie drunk and asleep on the couch, with instant macaroni & cheese burning on the stove. =) Kinda cute though....

That's still nothing compared to my first housemate who blew up the kitchen

Anonymous said...

You sound like an absolute freak boy! Anna's one of my best friends, she is an amazing chick. You have no clue.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on andrew-ong.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research indicates that closely 90% of all USA adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Excessive protein powder consumption...am sure you left your fair share of surprises in the bathroom. What a wierdo you sound like Andrew Ong, I bet your bathroom deposits didn't smell like roses after all that protein powder and rice!!!