Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Recovery BBQ at Fawkner Park

Sunday - This delayed entry is part 2 of my big weekend

So after only catching a few fleeting hours of restless sleep after Jimmy van M, I got woken up by my friend Marika asking me to come along for a impromptu BBQ at Fawkner Park with some of her friends.

I mumbled a half arsed reply before falling back to bed for an hour and then decided that it was a sunny 29degree day outside one of the few warmer days this Spring. So I got up, called her to come pick me up and grabbed some food and beer out of the fridge.

Fawkner Park is a lovely place situated in the South Melbourne area where I used to live. My ex-flatmates Jodie and Dave moved not too far off from here but at this point I was pretty scattered and uncertain of which part of the park their apartment overlooked.

View Larger Map


Ruby, the most adorable shih tzu - cavalier king mix puppy!


I was seriously considering stealing this dog because she was just too lovable


Claudette showing us a few tricks her dog picked up at training school


A welcome sight of dead meat sizzling on the public area electric BBQs


Nothing like a tasty steak to hit the spot



We were pretty well prepared for a last minute event, you gotta love girls when they get together to organize something


Marika enjoying the modern invention of wine from a box


A game of cricket going on in the oval near our benches


Despite surviving on 3hours of sleep, I thought this was a perfectly beautiful warm day out in spring and a nice way of winding down in the sun with food, drink and company after a big night out

No comments: