Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One that got away


Melancholy and the infinite sadness.

No matter how many times I've been through this before , heartbreak will always feel as painful now as the first time your heart got broken.

She was the epitome of a nurturing, kind and giving feminine essence. She was simple, honest and uncomplicated. She wasn't afraid to call me on my shit. She was old school and rolled her own cigarettes. She swore a blue streak when pissed off. She made me laugh. She loved the same music as I. She was much older.

She was the sort who had to give all her heart and soul to someone to want to be with them. Anything less, she considered a lie to herself and couldn't bring herself to do it.

Alas, I wasn't that someone, even though sparks flew and moments of intimacy were shared, it was not to be.

Sunday night, I left her place with my heart broken and she gave me a kiss along with the longest hug and didn't want to let go... we just stood there for a brief eternity; god I loved the smell of her hair...

Then we parted.

I smiled and said everything was going to be alright and turned to walk away.
Deep inside, we knew something has changed and we'll probably never be the same as before.

1 comment:

Ming said...

Dude, u be good, i am sure

Damn...i am too caught up with whacking students in school these days.

More updates coming right up!