Friday, July 18, 2008

The Witching Hour

'2.37am'

reads the little blue screen as I squinted with one eye and brought my phone a little close to my face in the cold darkness of my room.

Fuck. I can't sleep.

Its been 5 nights in a row now that I've been awoken by my overactive mind racing with too many thoughts.
Like clockwork, I'll awaken somewhere around the 3am mark. The witching hour.

Work has started for me on Tuesday. New role, new project, new industry. This looks promising, it'll be a role that will benefit me. More on that later as things becomes more apparent. I'm somewhat relieved that at least there's one less aspect of my life to worry about as mentioned in a previous post.

No.
I know exactly what's keeping me awake tonight.

Miss Sam is making the permanent move from Sydney to Melbourne this weekend. I'm flying up on Saturday night and we'll be making the arduous 800km+ drive to Melbourne in her tiny white Daihatsu Charade.

The plan was in the works for the future and this was supposed to take a long time to fruition over a few more months. However, she was made redundant in her job a month ago and this threw a spanner in the works and accelerated the whole process before you can even say 'I can't breathe'!

Nothing will change. Or will it?

What happens when you take the 'distance' out of a 'long distance romance'? The yearning, longing and simmering lust that builds up to a frenzied climax in between visits; melt away into a lesser degree of normality as both parties exist within each other's life and space on a more frequent everyday basis.

I certainly don't know.

What I do know.... is that the tiny white, slim rectangular tablet of Stilnox I'm popping into my mouth, will blissfully kick-in in 10minutes and effectively knock me out for the count, giving me some desperately needed sleep and quieten down the voices in my head. Before the witching over is over.

Andy,
Zzz

No comments: